The surgical removal of the extra foreskin from the head of the penis is known as circumcision. Circumcision is performed either conventionally with a scalpel or with a laser. In conventional circumcision, a surgeon uses a scalpel to remove the extra foreskin from the head of the penis. However, in laser circumcision; a surgeon uses a laser beam for the same. Conventional circumcision involves a big incision, bleeding, pain, and discomfort. Also, the risk of infection and other complications is high during or after conventional circumcision. But there is no such thing with the modern and advanced laser circumcision.
Laser circumcision is a minimally invasive procedure that does not involve a big incision, bleeding, pain, and discomfort. The risk of infection and complications during this procedure is as low as zero. Laser circumcision is a daycare procedure that takes hardly 15-20 minutes to complete. The patient is discharged 3-4 hours after completion of the procedure. It is performed under the influence of local or general anaesthesia.
Laser circumcision can be done for various reasons such as religious, cultural, or medical needs. In most cases, laser circumcision is performed to cure phimosis and prevents several other urological complications such as paraphimosis, balanitis, or balanoposthitis that untreated phimosis may lead to. Phimosis, paraphimosis, balanitis, or balanoposthitis are foreskin related problems in which the foreskin becomes too tight to pull or retract. This leads to other serious complications such as sexually transmitted diseases, sexually transmitted infections, penile cancer in men, or cervical cancer in female partners. Laser circumcision is performed to cure and prevent all the above-mentioned and several other diseases.
What To Expect After Laser Circumcision
There are certain activities that you can start doing just from the very next day and then there are certain activities that you should not do for the first few days of your laser circumcision. Below are the following things that you can expect after laser circumcision.
- You might feel mild pain after laser circumcision. But that’s alright. You have nothing to worry about as it will go away on its own in the next 1-2 days.
- You can resume your daily activities two days after laser circumcision. But it takes around 5-7 days to recover completely. So, have patience and consult your surgeon in case of any confusion or question.
- You should wear underwear as it holds the penis in one place that helps in recovering fast. Avoid loose-fitting boxers or shorts for a few days as it may make it quite uncomfortable for you.
- Drink an adequate amount of water daily as it helps in diluting the acidity in urine as well as reduces pain while urinating.
- Refrain from doing any heavy or strenuous physical activity for the first few days as it may hinder the healing process. Therefore, do not do any physical activity until your wound is healed completely.
- Use the cream or ointment that is prescribed by your surgeon. Using other cream or ointment that is not prescribed by your surgeon may increase the risk of infections and scars.
- After consulting with your surgeon, you can dab petroleum jelly on the end of your penis as it reduces the stinging sensation while urinating.
- In case of pain, take the medication that is prescribed by your surgeon. Do not take random medicine. Also, contact your surgeon if the pain does not subside on its own.
- You can take a sponge bath but refrain from taking a full-body bath for the next 2-3 days after laser circumcision. Also, when you take a full bath 2-3 days after your laser circumcision, do make sure that you do not scrub the incision site.
- If you are an adult, do not engage yourself in any form of sexual intercourse for the next 2-3 weeks after your laser circumcision.
Laser circumcision is performed on an outpatient basis, which allows the patient to return home the same day post-procedure. During laser circumcision, the surgeon cuts the foreskin precisely while leaving the surrounding tissues intact. After laser circumcision, the patient does not require daily dressing. It is a modern and advanced way of performing circumcision. The recovery after this procedure is also quick and comfortable.
We offer laser circumcision at our clinics that are fully equipped with modern and advanced medical instruments. Our surgeons are highly experienced and skilled and they perform laser circumcision with complete precision and perfection. If you want to undergo laser circumcision surgery, you can contact us anytime without hesitating. We will complete your circumcision surgery without even letting you feel any pain or problems throughout your entire surgery. You can contact us by filling in your details on our website or by calling on our contact numbers.